You know that girl next door you always wanted to ask out? That’s not Baler. Baler is the best friend of that girl, the one you forgot to notice.
Only 6-7 hours away from Manila, Baler is the new Baguio – lush, clean, and gentle. Last weekend, my traveling buddies and I headed to the beautiful capital of Aurora, Baler, armed with our bikes and camping gears, “S24O” style.
How to get there?
- Take a Joy Bus from Cubao, Metro Manila
- A comfy deluxe ride for only P700 per person (one way)
- It will take you straight to Baler Terminal
- We left at 1:30am and arrived in Baler at 7am.
DAY 1 ITINERARY:
- Bike and hike to Ditumabo “Mother” falls (15kms from Sabang)
- Lunch cook-out (in Ditumabo) – Kubo rental P200
- Bike to Balete “Millennium” Tree Park, Maria Aurora (22km from Ditumabo) – P10 fee/head
- Bike to Museo de Baler (15km from Maria Aurora) – Donation only
- Check-in at Sabang Beach – P700/kubo with fan (very secure)
Afterwards, we walked back to our kubo and cooked some lunch. Along the way there are sari-sari/mini stores where you can buy banana-q, camote-q, buko juice, and other refreshments.
After lunch, we pedaled our way to Maria Aurora to check out the Balete “Millennium” Tree Park.
We then headed to Museo de Baler. It felt like we were doing our very own ArtBike in Aurora simultaneously with Rock Drilon’s Artbike in Taguig, Manila.
To be continued…
(c) Nityalila Saulo